Friday, June 5, 2009

Pressure

Pressure is the force applied to an object. Peer pressure is the influence encouraging a person to change their attitudes, values, or behaviors [[or weight]] to conform to a group. For this post, Pressure==Peer Pressure.
Pressure is measured by atmospheres, or atm. The standard on earth is 1 atm, which is about 15 lb-force per square inch (more easily, gravity). On Venus, the pressure is 72 atm.

72 times the pressure of earth. If you go to Venus, you will actually literally implode.


Does anybody else feel like theyre on Venus right now? Because I sure do.


Im writing this post not just because im a chemistry geek but because I think that we--you, me, everyone reading/writing these blogs has it the worst off. We want this sooo bad, we try the hardest, we feel the guiltiest, yet it seems like we're the most unsuccessful at what we want. People on tv and all over the world seemt o be able to lose weight, and we're struggling our asses off, LITERALLY, some starving ourselves, too weak to stand up or even walk, yet forcing ourselves to run laps to burn off he unneeded pounds. Where do we get most of the time? No where.

Ive read a lot of blogs of girls losing weight, achieveing their goals, and I get so happy because I know that theyre happy. But what always happens? Either they gain it back or the person in the next blog is gaining. Its so sad.

I think we want it the most :( and its just hard to read how devastated everyone is. We have so much determination and so much knowledge on what we can do and what we should avoid, and for the most part we do it.

I think we're just so pressured to meet the standards of celebrities. I know it always goes to them and the media and blah blah but honestly we are affected by what we see soo much. Theres nothing wrong with it because on the other end of the spectrum, people will see commercials of big macs and whoppers and go and eat their life away. Theyre being affected by the media as well, just in a totally different way.




Well, I kind of just wanted to get that off my chest. It was like a pressure resting on me :P i had to get it out, haha.. Anyways, today I ate too muccchhh :/ But it was like rice cakes, hummus, low fat cottage cheese, fat free pudding, so I guess it couldve been worse. Hopefully Ill just poop it all out lol. But I felt so icky and uptight about eating it all that I went to the gym, did 1 hr 15 mins on the elliptical machine, 1 hr 15 mins on the bike, then some weights. And if I get any motivation whatsoever Im going to do abs tonight in my room, for about 10-15 mins or so. I really need to get in the habit of doing abs! My stomach is the only thing that I really really REALLY dislike about my body.

My legs=mehhhh :/ dec. my thighs dont touch when i put my feet together, never have. so they seem kinda thin. but to me on a bad day (like almost every day) THEYRE FAT.

My arms= thin. always have been thin. its weird tho, at different angles they can go from looking like completely anorexic nast arms to muscular, depending on how I put them. ill take some pics of what I mean later.

THENNNNNNN its My tummy= BLAGGHHHH. do not like. my rib cage is decently thin, but its just the spot riighhht around my belly button that is really fatty.

OH and my back!! thats another problem area, weird huh? I think its a genetic thing, because my mom is pretty thin but she actually has ROLLS of fat on her back. so i think we just gain in the back/ love handle-ish area. but losing about 5 lbs at LEAST and ill look nice and sleek! :]]]

well i definitely want to put up some pics tomorrow!! I probly wont do a major post tomorrow since I work and plan on doing another good work out at the gym. I just wish the scale would start budgingggg :/ im getting so frustrated.

and girls who read or comment on my blog, I just want to say thanks because it really REALLY helps me and makes me feel that at least SOMEONE cares. my whole life people would talk to me about my weight negativly, like "WOW. YOURE LIKE, REALLLLY THIN." and just look at me with like wide eyes andd gahhh it just messed me up. so now im here. a cow. unhappy. at family parties, people always giving me food, asking me how much i weigh now and saying "wow, youve gained. youre getting there! starting to look good!" and im just thuinking the complete opposite. but im going to do what i want to do to be happy and comfortable with my body because Im the person who has to deal with it everyday, not them. ill never get back to 95 lbs or even like 105 lbs because i know theyll send me to a rehab, but 110...yea :] that sounds nice.


xx

3 comments:

Lost said...

i feel like im on venus aswell! your blog seemed to say everything im feeling today. like im getting no where. thank u very much :) stay strong x

Harlow B said...

it is so hard... we are trying so hard, so much more than the average person...
and it gets us where?

its a cycle of gaining/losing, although i would like to say
that for the most part
when we gain back... it seems to always be ALOT lower than our highest weight...

Anonymous said...

Great post, I definitely agree about the whole pressure thing. It's so hard for us, but we try so hard anyway. We try when others would give up even, and that must mean something right?